Tuesday, December 28, 2010

L is for Lagerfeld {and Lady boner}









Images via Style.com


I don't think I've mentioned, but in addition to adoring food, fashion and home design, I'm kiiiiiinda a complete art dork. I find the colors and textures endlessly inspiring. Seems Chanel is feeling the love too. The Paris Pre-Fall show was inspired by Byzantine artwork {which is a personal favorite, magpie that I am} and the Empress Theodora. The waves of models adrift in gilded & bejeweled garments had me abs.o.lutely delirious! EVERYTHING from the hair, to the clothes, to the makeup was spot on gorgeous and I have been left with a serious {and debilitating} case of lust. The venue *pfft* pushed me into full tilt fashion madness ... the 2nd floor salon of Chanel's Rue Cambon store was outfitted with silk covered ottomans, opulent jewel toned rugs, mounds of beaded pillows, and votive-adorned glass mosaic tables. O! And in case that wasn't quite enough luxury for you- the walls were enveloped in sequined bronze silk... unadulterated.Chanel.decadence *swoon* I want to break in and just LIVE there... I owe my friends a serious apology b/c I have been a complete pain in the taco ever since. It is ALL I can talk about. Needless to say the whole thing gives me a raging/full on/ totally awkward in front of the parents lady boner.... but I digress.... Inspired by the show {and emboldened by the notion that Byzance was already on my radar} I put together two New Year's Eve looks that pay tribute to the gilded age. The black one is my fave. What are you guys wearing for NYE??

No comments:

Post a Comment